Monday, January 23, 2012

Bridesmaid Boxes

This is a cute, creative way to ask your best girls to be your bridesmaids! I personally love to craft (obviously) so this was a great way to focus my crafting energy and do something thoughtful for each of my girls.

What you'll need:
-Unfinished cigar boxes from JoAnn's (they're cheaper if you order them online here)
-Three paint colors. I used Vintage White, Sea Blue and Soft Yellow but make it your own and change it up!
-A stencil. Click here for the one I used.
-Wooden letters (I used these for the first initial of each bridesmaid)
-Pack of paintbrushes
-Mod Podge (make sure it's gloss, NOT matte)
-Super glue
-Container for paint/mod podge ( I used an empty Cool Whip container)
-Newspaper or cardboard to keep it clean




1. 

I started off by painting the box Vintage White and letting it dry. Then, I got the Sea Blue and painted the top of the box, and after it dried, I taped my stencil on the inside of the lid, and painted the rest. While my boxes were drying, I painted my wooden letter Soft Yellow and glued it in the middle of the stencil.

 2

After all the touch ups were done and dry, I did a few coats of Mod Podge on the outside and inside of the box. *Make sure both sides are completely dry so they don't get stuck together like mine did!*

3. 

To each their own! For my boxes, I ordered vintage handkerchiefs off eBay to put in the bottom of the box. In the box I put paint chips of the colors of my wedding. I also printed out information on stationary paper that included: Our Day, Your Dresses, Your Role, My Girls, and wrapped it in ribbon. Other ideas are including pictures of each bridesmaid, or little gifts.


4.
  
To add a little something, I got vintage keys from the jewelry making section of JoAnn's and looped ribbon through it. Other things to add could be pictures of the possible bridesmaid dresses or pictures of your actual bridesmaids!











5.  


And now you have a thoughtful and personalized invitation for each of your bridesmaids!




























Like this idea but don;t have the time? I'll do it for you! and you get the credit. Just tell me.
xo, meaghan with an "h"

No comments:

Post a Comment