Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How to Make a Monogrammed Bag

Since I'm having a beach wedding, I thought this was a way cute idea to do for my bridesmaids! I even made one for myself :)

Things You Need: (All of which I got from Joann's)
-Medium or Large Canvas Bags
-A Pack of Fabric Paint (any colors you choose, I got a six pack and mixed colors to create new ones)
-Paintbrushes

-Alphabet stencil (or any design you want to do, be creative!)
-A Pack of Paper Cake Doilies

-Newspaper




1. Lay your canvas bag on a flat surface with newspaper in the bag, so that the paint doesn't bleed to the other side.




2. Put your stencil in the bag where you want to paint your letter or any other design you have chosen..




3. ..and paint it in! Make sure you hold your stencil down and don't accidentally paint under it or let the paint bleed through.




4. After letting that dry, then, get your paper doily and decide where you want to place it on your bag. Make sure you get all of the open areas on the doily, but don't waste too much time because you do not want it to start disintegrating during painting. For my bags, I put the letter in the same spot and painted it black, but put the doily design in different places and made each bag a different color. 




5. Wait 72 hours for the paint to set in, and then wash and dry them. I washed each bag separately to ensure that they did not bleed onto each other. And voila! Now you have a personalized bag.




























See something you like? Want it? Click here!
xo, meaghan with an "h"

No comments:

Post a Comment